Create Assignment Hours Shifts to help refine case assignment recommendations.
Create Working Hours Shifts to help identify time overlaps.
Review coverage and quickly modify shifts by moving agents across shifts.
Set up and configure Shifts for your team enables smarter case assignments and better support coverage. Once configured, you can enable Shifts with two basic steps:
- Adding Shifts
- Assigning Agents
Enabling Agent Shifts
In order for users to take advantage of Shifts, they need to have two Control Center settings configured:
- Control Center > Settings > User Profiles make sure that the User Profile has Case Assignments enabled for those users.
- Control Center > Manage Users enable the "Manage Shifts" option is enabled.
Once those two quick configurations are made, users will see a gear icon when they select the Case Assignment tab.
Adding Shifts is quick and simple to do.
- From within the Case Assignment tab, select Case Assignment Settings.
- From the Working hours screen that opens, select Add New Shift.
- In the Shift scheduling dialogue:
- Name the Shift
- Set the Assignment Hours (these will be based on your local time zone which you can change under Profile > Preferences, if need be)
- Set the Working Hours
- Select Create
Additionally, you can toggle on and off the Working hours option.
Assignment Hours versus Working Hours
Assignment Hours determine when an agent can be assigned cases as opposed to Working Hours which are intended as the umbrella of hours an agent can work. In most cases you will need to configure complex Assignment Hours to accommodate for the times an agent can be assigned a case that is realistic for them to address given the hours available from their Working Hours (see below):
The example above assumes you are on West Coast time. The Assignment Hours take into account that Agents on the East Coast have a lunch break from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and should not be assigned cases an hour prior to the end of their Shift, which is 3:00 p.m.
So the Assignment Hours allow for 6:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. and from 12:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. Monday through Fridays.
In Fall of 2022, three new features have been added to Agent Shifts:
- The option to highlight Missing hours of coverage on the schedule created.
- The option to switch the timezones for the hours displayed--to view the schedule according to the time zone of the agents you are scheduling for.
- The ability to copy the Assignment Hours to the Working Hours. This will expedite schedule creation for complex shifts.
|Missing hours and Timezone selection
|Copy assignment hours
The Does Not Repeat checkbox allows you to create a one off schedule for special events, holidays, or to accommodate any unique scheduling requirement that might arise.
Once you have created the Shifts needed, you will prompted to assign agents. You can leverage Virtual Teams you have previously configured for this step.
Hovering over any of the Shifts provides a summary of the Assignment and Working Hours. You can assign additional agents by clicking on the [Shift Name] | # of Agents above any of the Shifts.
Organize Shifts by Color
With multiple shifts in one view, it may become difficult to keep track of each team. To help differentiate shifts, you can color code each when you setup the schedule. To do so:
- Open a Shift and navigate to the Working Hours section
- Select the occurrence and set the color for that shift
- Click Save
Shifts created now will be color coded and more easily distinguished when scheduling multiple teams.